Books of the Week
John Adams: The 2nd President
by Josh Gregory
AR Quiz Number: 171991
by Ann Graham Gaines
AR Quiz Number: 127071
1. How did President Adams feel about public schools?
2. What was Adams' role during the Boston Massacre? (pg.12)
3. What was President Adams' role when he visited Holland and France? (pg. 14)
4. As the VP under President Washington, what was Adams' main job? (p.18) What was his second job? (pg. 18)
5. Did President Adams choose his own cabinet? Was this a problem? (pg. 24)
6. Describe the Sedition Act. (pgs. 28-29)
7. Name 1 reason citizens turned against President Adams. (pg. 33)
8. Did President Adams participate in the United States 50th Birthday Celebration? (pg. 36)
9. What did President Adams and President Jefferson have in common? (pg. 37)
ADVOCACY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Tonsa Vaughn, Principal
Deandre Steele, Department Representative
Mrs. Joann Wynn, Community Member
Teachers have access to 25-50 professional titles and 4 professional periodicals to support professional growth of teachers. These titles and periodicals are located in the Educator Resources Section in the library. The following are the professional periodicals that are available:
ADDITIONAL STUDENT RESOURCES
There is a wide variety of topics such as art, history, animals, and fun stuff at the US government site. It includes links to both government and commercial websites. No ads.
An online almanac, encyclopedia and almanac.
Lots of fun (and educational) games for students in grades K-8.
Library Media Center
LIBRARY HOURS: Monday through Friday 7:00 am - 2:45 pm