October 18, 2016
Report Cards Issued
October 19, 2016
7:20 am - 7:40 am
October 20, 2016
BMS Volleyball vs. Seminary
2016-2017 Bell Schedule
Breakfast Ends = 7:20 am
Tardy Bell = 7:23 am
1st Period = 7:23 am - 8:26 am
2nd Period = 8:29 am - 9:24 am
3rd Period = 9:27 am - 10:22 am
4th Period = 10:25 am - 11:20 am
5th Period = 11:23 am - 12:42 pm (LUNCH)
6th Period = 12:45 pm - 1:40 pm
7th Period = 1:43 pm - 2:47 pm
Dismissal = 2:47 pm
The school day begins at 7:20 a.m. Students may receive disciplinary actions after three (3) tardies.
Core Value of the Month:
INTEGRITY - personal honesty and independence
Burger At A Glance…
Purple and Gold
"Together Burger W.I.N.S"
N.R. Burger Middle School Goals
- Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient/advanced from 72% to 81% in mathematics.
- Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient/advanced from 51% to 71% in language arts.
- Increase the percentage of advance on SATP2 Algebra exam from 55% to 60%.
- Increase the percentage of proficient/advance on MAAECF Math AND ELA XX to 100%.
- Increase the percentage of proficient/advance on 8th Grade Science from 60% to 65%.
- Ensure 50% targeted attendance for all parental and community engagement events.
- Decrease the number of OSS from XXX to 100.
- Maintain 95% average daily attendance
(L to R): Mr. Christopher Mark, 7th Grade Assistant Principal;
Mrs. Tonsa Vaughn, Principal;
Dr. Michael Eubanks, 8th Grade Assistant Principal
N. R. Burger Mission Statement:
- The mission of N. R. Burger Middle School is to EDUCATE ALL STUDENTS to become ACADEMICALLY PROFICIENT and SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE.
N. R. Burger Vision Statement:
- N. R. Burger Middle School will become a MODEL TEACHING AND LEARNING COMMUNITY that promotes college and career ready students who are prepared to succeed in a dynamic, global society.
N. R. Burger Belief Statement:
- We believe that our work is a shared focus to educate, equip, and empower learners; we are committed to a mindset that our urgency is to execute effective teaching and learning experiences to prepare “Today’s Learners” to succeed as “Tomorrow’s Leaders.”
N. R. Burger Motto:
- Together Burger W.I.N.S. Winning. Improving. Never Giving Up. Succeeding