September 29, 2016
BMS vs Wayne County
BMS 1st 9Wks Test Schedule
Tuesday, October 4, 2016 Exam Periods (2nd, 4th, and 6th)
Wednesday, October 5, 2016 Exam Periods (1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th)
October 10, 2016
HPSD Fall Break Holiday
2016-2017 Bell Schedule
Breakfast Ends = 7:20 am
Tardy Bell = 7:23 am
1st Period = 7:23 am - 8:26 am
2nd Period = 8:29 am - 9:24 am
3rd Period = 9:27 am - 10:22 am
4th Period = 10:25 am - 11:20 am
5th Period = 11:23 am - 12:42 pm (LUNCH)
6th Period = 12:45 pm - 1:40 pm
7th Period = 1:43 pm - 2:47 pm
Dismissal = 2:47 pm
The school day begins at 7:20 a.m. Students may receive disciplinary actions after three (3) tardies.
Core Value of the Month:
HONESTY - truthful; not deceptive or misleading
Burger At A Glance…
Purple and Gold
"Together Burger W.I.N.S"
N.R. Burger Middle School Goals
- Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient/advanced from 72% to 81% in mathematics.
- Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient/advanced from 51% to 71% in language arts.
- Increase the percentage of advance on SATP2 Algebra exam from 55% to 60%.
- Increase the percentage of proficient/advance on MAAECF Math AND ELA XX to 100%.
- Increase the percentage of proficient/advance on 8th Grade Science from 60% to 65%.
- Ensure 50% targeted attendance for all parental and community engagement events.
- Decrease the number of OSS from XXX to 100.
- Maintain 95% average daily attendance
(L to R): Mr. Christopher Mark, 7th Grade Assistant Principal;
Mrs. Tonsa Vaughn, Principal;
Dr. Michael Eubanks, 8th Grade Assistant Principal
N. R. Burger Mission Statement:
- The mission of N. R. Burger Middle School is to EDUCATE ALL STUDENTS to become ACADEMICALLY PROFICIENT and SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE.
N. R. Burger Vision Statement:
- N. R. Burger Middle School will become a MODEL TEACHING AND LEARNING COMMUNITY that promotes college and career ready students who are prepared to succeed in a dynamic, global society.
N. R. Burger Belief Statement:
- We believe that our work is a shared focus to educate, equip, and empower learners; we are committed to a mindset that our urgency is to execute effective teaching and learning experiences to prepare “Today’s Learners” to succeed as “Tomorrow’s Leaders.”
N. R. Burger Motto:
- Together Burger W.I.N.S. Winning. Improving. Never Giving Up. Succeeding